Remote Helicopters is committed to managing our environmental impact as an integral part of our operations and is actively striving to become a carbon-neutral company.
As a Climate Smart company, we endeavour to assure the environmental integrity of our processes and facilities by adhering to the following principles:
- Employing management systems and procedures specifically designed to minimize the use of hazardous materials, energy, and other natural resources, to minimize the generation of waste, and to enable recycling and reuse of materials;
- Continually seek opportunities to improve our environmental performance by establishing objectives and targets, measuring progress, and reporting our results, including but not limited to energy, water, paper and fuel consumption and vehicle miles traveled;
- Promoting pollution prevention, waste minimization and conservation by promoting the effective use of innovative environmental technologies and practices;
- We will comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and other promulgated environmental requirements;
- Developing response plans for environmental incidents taking into consideration risk management;
- Continue to attain knowledge of environmental issues and concerns; and
- We will participate with industry regulators and clients in developing stronger environmental standards and practices.
It is the policy of Remote Helicopters Ltd. to conduct all activities in a manner that minimizes environmental impacts, conserves natural resources, and provides effective stewardship of the environment. We are committed to making environmental management an integral core value and vital part of the Remote Helicopters Ltd. culture.
With that in mind, every individual at Remote Helicopters Ltd. is expected to:
- Conduct their assigned duties in a manner that complies with applicable environmental regulations and Remote Helicopters Ltd. requirements.
- Consistently strive to improve environmental performance in their work area.
- Continually be aware of the potential environmental consequences of their actions and take care to minimize any adverse consequences.
- Promptly report or otherwise address conditions that could result in a spill or release of hazardous or regulated material to the environment.
- Promptly report environmental incidents, i.e. events in which a spill or release of hazardous or regulated material to the environment occurred or could have occurred.
- Participate in the conduct of incident investigations.
- Effectively disseminate information and lessons learned from any incidents.
- Correct deficiencies and take actions to prevent incidents from occurring.